Sunday, February 17, 2013

The "I Love Lemon Loaf" Lemon Loaf

Sweet tooth?  We've all got one.  I have a sweet FANG, if anything!  Citrus is a favorite flavor when it comes to my sweet cravings.  It's mild, subtle tones that blend tangy and sweet is a winner in my book.

My Mr. Man is a sucker for a good lemon loaf cake.  He grew up on store bought lemon loaves: unnaturally yellow dense butter cakes with a thick, hardened glaze of too-sweet sugar.  I showed him what a real, homemade lemon loaf cake was all about.  This recipe is so super moist and bursting of lemon flavor.

I found this recipe on Annie Eats which is one of my favorite food blogs.  I adapted it a bit, since I didn't want to incorporate the syrup that I think may make it a bit too "wet" since the cake is already so moist.  This recipe is divine and is perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon when you have a hankering to switch on the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment