Monday, February 25, 2013

Homemade Baguettes!

I tried to make baguettes the other day and look what happened.

The photo is turned vertical, but as you can see-way too round, way too chubby.  It is adorably cute, though, I have to say and now I'm thinking of writing a comedy series called Mr. Fat Bread.  But I cannot be daunted!  So I scoured the Internet and found another recipe from King Arthur and look at the wonders of this great brand of flour:

Oooh, it looks so good you can almost smell it right through the computer, right?  I was so happy when I saw these lovely, crackly loaves of goodness.  So, 1st and foremost, I would always use King Arthur flour for everything.  Great tasting products always come from them.  And secondly, patience is your friend.  Don't rush the starter or the relaxing stages or fermentation.  You want those yeast to really do their job to develop bubbles and flavor.  So you can find the recipe and directions here.  And now more beautiful photos.

 This is the dough loaves relaxing before they go into the oven.  Be sure to spray the loaves with water prior to baking to recreate the steaming effect.

 That steaming effect gives that classic crackly crust while still have a nice pillowy interior.

 And this is the stack of baguettes when they catch the sunlight just right in the morning before you devour these for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment